20. Despite low wins total, Giannis Antetokounmpo will lead the league in triple-doubles, not Russell Westbrook.
21. The Brooklyn Nets will be far and away the worst team in the NBA
How many wins can the Jeremy Lin/Brook Lopez pick-and-roll create? I’ll guess right around 17.
22. Danny Ainge will pose with the Brooklyn Nets team picture for his Christmas card
23. Joel Embiid wins Rookie of the Year, almost unanimously
Before he was drafted, we were talking about Embiid the same way we were talking about Karl-Anthony Towns last season. This guy is going to be unbelievable on the block with moves that are unprecedented for a rookie. I’m very excited to watch Embiid impose his will into the hearts of the other 29 NBA franchises.
If you watched even one minute worth of preseason Embiid, you could see the potential dripping off of his body. If he were in the Western Conference I’d say that Towns and Embiid would become the new aged version of Garnett vs. Duncan.
Brandon Ingram will compete for this award late once he earns complete trust from his head coach, Luke Walton. Ingram will eventually become one of the premier scoring threats in this league, but not enough to overtake Embiid their rookie season.
24. My official Western Conference playoff picture:
1. Golden State Warriors
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Houston Rockets
5. Portland Trail Blazers
6. Utah Jazz
7. Minnesota Timberwolves
8. Oklahoma City Thunder
25. Yes, the Dallas Mavericks will not be making the playoffs
Sorry Andrew Bogut. Sorry Harrison Barnes.
How hard is it going to be for Dirk Nowitzki to watch Harrison Barnes throw up max contract 38% bricks? I feel so bad that Nowitzki will be ending his playoff streak this way, so long to the 7 foot German Gunner!